The Educational Foundation “Talent and Success” announced a prize for young mathematicians of Russia. All talented young mathematicians — students, graduate students, and young scientists — are welcome to apply. The only restriction is that the nominee has to be less than 35 years old. The winners will be announced in August at the All-Russian Conference of Mathematical Centers in Sochi. The laureates will receive not only the prize itself but also a grant for participation in the International Congress of Mathematicians 2022 in St. Petersburg. #русский
The July 2020 issue of the ICM newsletter reports on the preparations for the ICM, and the next steps, with two years to go. Please follow the link to open the newsletter. In this issue:
- Greetings from Tatiana A. Golikova, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, Co-chair of the ICM EOC, and from Alexander D. Beglov, Governor of St. Petersburg, ICM EOC member
- A word from the organizers of the European Congress of Mathematics
- ECM prizes announced
- Don“t miss a chance to nominate your math hero for the IMU prizes!
- A new prize: Ladyzhenskaya Medal in Mathematical Physics
- An update on ICM 2022 satellites
- Information about Chebyshev grants and Kovalevskaya grants.